Kratom is a type of tree that mostly grows around the Asian parts of the world. Its leaves have been in use from ages past to date. This tree belongs to the coffee tree family.
Uses of kratom.
- Acts as a painkiller.
- Considered a cure for diarrhea.
- It is also reported to be used in the treatment of arthritis.
Methods of consumption.
· Chewing the leaves when they are still fresh.
- Crushing up the dried leaves to make the powder which can be mixed with various liquids such as water, milk or fruit juice and then drunk.
- The powder can also be packed into capsules then swallowed with plenty of water. Kratom can also be smoked although it’s not advisable due to involuntary consumption of the required dose.
- Kratom powder can be put in hot water and used as a beverage, mostly tea. For those with a sweet tooth, it’s absolutely harmless to add a bit of sugar or honey.
Consumption of kratom also comes along with effects; some are mild while some are severe depending on the dosage taken.
Effects of Kratom.
- Causes the mind to be active and alert.
- Increases both physical and sexual energy.
- Heightens the user’s mood and they become quite talkative.
- Sweating and nauseating feeling.
Just to be safe, best kratom should be taken under the guidance and supervision of a licensed medical practitioner. This means that the user’s dosage is to be keenly monitored. It is advised that kratom should only be consumed either once or twice in a month. This is for the sole purpose of avoiding habituation.
It should also be noted that Kratom is NOT to be combined with any other drug but is safe when combined with a tea that has a mild effect. Owing to the multiple benefits that this substance has, it is safe to say that Kratom is safe for the family with the exception of the pregnant ladies.
For those interested in trying out kratom, there are some merchants selling them online or there is an option of visiting the countries said to grow it on a large scale. Buyers are warned about the purchase of counterfeit goods. Some merchants are misleading ready buyers with fake labels, therefore, beware of such fraudsters.
It is also safe to conclude that it has brought more harm than good especially its healing effects for the arthritis patients, even for those with frequent migraines, this has been a tested and proven pain-killer when taken in the right way and in the right doses.